The Super Nintendo Entertainment System was a video game console from Nintendo, the successor to the NES and the predecessor to the N64. This console is the Super Famicom in Japan. Shorter names for this console include Super NES and SFC, but this wiki prefers SNES. Like the NES and the N64, the SNES also loads games from cartridges and outputs video to a television set. The SNES appeared in 1990 and became Nintendo's primary console until the N64 of 1996.
- Central processor: 5A22, which runs 65816 code
- Audio processor: SPC-700
- Coprocessors in some cartridges:
- SNES ROM layout
- SNES header
- xkas, a simple 65186 assembler
- WLA DX, a 65816/SPC-700 assembler and linker
- snescom, a 65816 assembler and linker
- HyperHacker's online 65816 Disassembler was online, but the link is dead.
- Link was http://hyperhacker.kicks-ass.org:55555/disasm65816.php
- rex-ide, the beginning of a hex editor